Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

hocus schmocus!

Happy Halloween!! I knew it was Halloween when I saw a guy riding a bicycle dressed in a pea-pod costume this morning. Hilarious!

SF Mini Trip Recaplet:

Saw The Decemberists in SF. They were AMAZING! Handsome frontman Colin Meloy was funny and quite the onstage charmer. The guy has a vocabulary that doesn't quit. At one point his glasses flew off. They played many of my favorites and most of the new ones. "The Legionnaire's Lament" was one high point. Super fun!

Saw Joseph Cornell's work "Pink Palace" at SF Moma. I've never seen it before in person. Pretty nifty. Just as delicate as I had anticipated. I've never noticed the teeny little cannons before.

Citizen Cupcake - I suggest stopping in for the best cupcake EVER.

Jesse and Dave visit recaplet:

Mostly shopping and restaurants and traipsing about. Lots of fun. Way too short!

Misc:

Saw The Departed this weekend. Nothing like a Scorcese gangster picture. Loved it! DiCaprio gives a stong performance. Nice to see Ray Winstone and David O'Hara (from The Matchmaker, the sweet Janeane Garofalo-goes-to-Ireland movie). Alec Baldwin and Mark Wahlberg (playing the prick cop) have some choice moments. Goodfellas is still my favorite Scorcese film and certainly on my top five all-around list. And Bill the Butcher, as played by Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York, beats out Nicholson's Costello any day of the week for best crazy bastard.

30 Rock Clip: Alec Baldwin Just Cracks Me Up

Joe's Review: The Queen

Song for the day:
"Witchcraft" - The Chairman of the Board, for Halloween

4 comments

Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

Goodfellas is my number one something like 95% of the time and The Departed just about scratched that itch.

Sometimes I wish Alec Baldwin was my dad...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous  said...

Yeah, Stacie, I would say GoodFellas is my number one movie of all-time too.

However, Miller's Crossing is looking more and more like my new favorite movie every day. I always forget, but have you seen it?

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Blogger Jess  said...

I really liked the Departed. DiCaprio was good and I was surprised by Matt Damon. Jack Nicholson kind of freaked me out but I agree with you about Daniel Day-Lewis in GONY.

Jack--"She fell the wrong way"

Other guy--[something like] "You really should see somebody."

I laughed rather inappropriately often...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Blogger stacie  said...

I used to wish Alan Thicke was my dad, now it's Bob Balaban.

It's official-Goodfellas is the goldbar standard.

I still need to see Miller's Crossing. I never met a Coen Bros. movie I didn't like.

We were laughing often during The Departed too. So was the lady who kept moving seats and talking/chuckling to herself. Kinda hinky.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft