Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Diary of an Orchid-Killing Curmudgeon

Last night I went out with friends for sushi. It was a Saturday night, I was out for once and things were feeling ok. We were packed inside this tiny little dive. All of a sudden the lights went out, a strobe light started pulsing and techno music (my favorite) began blaring. Apparently this is the restaurant's birthday ritual. The subject of the commotion shouted "I'm legal! Woo!" as everyone hooted and hollered. I've never felt so old.

Phrases I Loathe: The "I've Been Watching Too Much MTV" Edition
=any variation of the following: "hook-up," "hooking up," or "random hook-ups" - Ick
=bling
=when people on Cribs say about their bedroom, "this is where the magic happens." Please.
(The best part about Cribs is trying to guess whether the celebrity's automobile is going to be a black or white Cadillac Escalade.)

Summer Movie Season Begins
I am looking forward to mindless popcorn cinema. The new Batman looks pretty good, as does The Island. I don't, however, give a rat's ass about that Sith movie. The oversaturated cross-marketing campaign is ridiculous and leaves me feeling the same way I do after eating funnel cake at the fair- like I want to crawl into a hole and die.

I bought an orchid and wouldn't you know it I dropped it right outside the store and the main stem with the four, count'em four, flowers bent. I taped it in a somewhat clumsy fashion when I got home. It looks kind of ghetto, but at least it will now live the standard two to three weeks before I wind up killing it. (Random bit of trivia: my rapper name is "Orchid Killah.")

It was a weird day. I read, lounged and listened to music. I did not put my glasses on until 2:00.

2 comments

Anonymous Anonymous  said...

That Sith movie was, despite all the commotion and hype, a slightly smaller bag of shit than the other two prequels. Nostalgia is the only thing fueling this one, as it ties together the two trilogies neatly but does little else. If you see it, devote a blog response to it right quick (do you hate that expression too?).

The Island looks pretty good, as does the new Batman. War of the Worlds will be the movie of the summer, however - and after havint seen Sith, I'm only more confident. So far, even though it's early, the best movie of the summer is Unleashed, the Jet Li/Bob Hoskins movie, which kicks so much brutal ass it's nuts. It's one of the stranger flicks to hit the mainstream in a while, complete with a snarling Hoskins and a blind Morgan Freeman. Check it out for laughs, if nothing else.

Friday, May 20, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

I just unleashed some laughter. Bob Hoskins and Jet Li. Who's pairing up next? Bob Newhart and DMX. Bob Balaban and Mos Def. Now that one I'd watch.

"Right quick" works for me.

War of the Worlds the number one? I think not. Batman is going to take this one. Christian Bale as Batman and Cillian Murphy as the villain? Excellent casting.

Not even planning on seeing Sith.

Friday, May 20, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft