Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Roomies

mask

Roommates from hell. We've all had them. They eat your last hot pocket, dodge the utility bills for weeks on end and force you into unwanted social interaction. I lived with some real doozies a few years back. The gal in the room next to me was off the deep end. She stored what looked to be a lifetime supply of canned vienna sausages and mountain dew in her closet. She had a fondness for those sleeping doll babies dressed like insects. She disapproved of just about everything and was an avid fan of passive aggressive notes. ("Who used my drinking glass without asking?") The other girl had a sleazy omnipresent bouncer boyfriend and a penchant for covering every inch of available wallspace with creepy masks like the one shown here. That and troll dolls. The one perk was the cute gay guy we shared the space with. He was funny, took care of spiders for me and enjoyed craptastic movies like Detroit Rock City. And he had very nice blue eyes. All hell broke loose, people stopped talking (ok by me) and we eventually went our separate ways. The end. All this from a ceramic mask.

Low Point of the day:
Walking past that huge pile of puke/barf/excess swill on my way to work this morning.

High Point of the day:
The new Spin. Such a guilty pleasure. The current issue has a hilarious list section. Lists are wonderful. The lists include everything from "Ten Qualities That Make a 'Perfect Bitch' According to Nas" to "Eight Nonrap Lyrical Beatdowns" and two sets of band heckles, both generic ["Could you guys keep it down? We're trying to talk over here!"] and band specific ["Turn on the bright lights, so we can leave!" for Interpol]. Wee! My favorite part is where they list songs that would make good movies and then pitch the movie idea. I'll have to come up with some of my own. Anyway, the issue is sarcastic and full of quips and a total hoot.

1 comments

Blogger stacie  said...

I got "called out" earlier on the heckle I quoted about Interpol. Let me clarify. I like Interpol. The point is that it is funny and just about every band they heckle in that section of the magazine is a good band no one would ever really feel the need to heckle.

Sunday, May 08, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft