Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Vegas Recaplet

Las Vegas. Fun was had. I am a nightowl, so I really like the kind of place where you can decide to go and have an omelette at 4 a.m. Maybe big city living is for me. Highlights included:

-Getting down at Tangerine
-All the hotties in their Abercrombie and Fitch date-rape finest
-Did someone say mojitos?!!

Please. No, really:

Hamming it up at Tussauds-
I just love wax museums. They are creepy as hell. And kitschy for certain. This one had plenty to see and in Jon Bon Jovi's case, touch. Dorky. The one thing I did miss was the monster/creature section, like the one in Hollywood. They do have a haunted house inside the museum, which I refused to go into. I have my reasons. About the third time the attendant guy mentioned that the monsters can't touch you, but in the event that they do, it is surely a mistake, I decided to bow out. An unsettling disclaimer, if you ask me. (Can't stand crowds, sitting in the middle seats at a movie theatre or in this case, unwanted physical contact) One of them, who must have been on a break, looked like a perfect cross between Detective Vic Mackey and Fester Addams. The other one I saw was working a kind of bellhop/ghoul/Harry Dean Stanton kind of look. Pretty neat.

Mamma Mia!-
We managed (thanks to K) to get the best seats in the house for half price. Wee! Very cool.

Comedy-
We tried and tried to get tickets to Dave Attell. Sold out. Instead we opted for a comedy club at The Riviera. (The Riviera is flat out gross. In a completely irresistable way. TB!) The first comedian was a little green. I extended courtesy laughter. He could not seem to get the "wah, wah, wah" just right. Isn't that the first thing they teach you in comedy school? The second guy was alright. The third was pretty terrible. The whole experience was sort of so bad it was beyond good.

Observations:
-Elevators can be super funny and super uncomfortable
-I think the Paris hotel is cute, cute, cute
-The dealers at Imperial Palace have nifty themed costumes
-Lap dance-offs sure seem popular

Brooke and Katie were here for a little bit. Lucky me. The 4th was cool. Some pretty decent music swaps were made. We hit the old haunts: a quick trip to Santa Barbara, the Melodrama and McCarthy's. I loved how Katie was so afraid of the Ted Nugent lookalike's hair. It did come dangerously close to touching us. Silkwood shower.

Brooke and Katie have gone home now. I'll miss my pals. Mope.

x_x

1 comments

Blogger stacie  said...

Thanks Arianne!

Tuesday, July 19, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft