Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Tigers, Whirly Elfmans and A Shot In The Arm

Joe's Tim Burton Article

My favorite Tim Burton films:
1. Edward Scissorhands
2. Beetlejuice
3. Sleepy Hollow

I saw The Corpse Bride tonite and found it to be pretty okay. Of course it was lovely and the Elfman music was whirly (they should have a drink called the "Whirly Elfman"). I liked the stern Edward Gorey look of the living world more than the colorful Day of the Dead-inspired underworld. The little details come to mind:
-The peacoat worn by the grandchild
-Emily's prim bridal gown
-The wanted poster on the back of the carriage
-The sound of Victor's feet scuttling on the ice
-The solemn faces of the wedding party
-Victor looking like the perfect amalgamation of Tim Burton, Johnny Depp and Noah Taylor

This Week In Retail Therapy:
Well, I purchased my dream sneakers, the Asics Onitsuka Tigers Mexico 66 in grey/black. I like them so much. (Why yes. I am going to marry them.) Also got the Optic Nerve postcards, which are quite something.

Something To Look Forward To:
I found out that in the coming months they'll be showing classic/cult movies at the old theatre in town. I am thrilled to report that on February 14, 2006 they will feature Harold and Maude, a big part of my anti-social existence. Looking forward to seeing the following moments (among others) on the big screen:
1. Bud Cort's smirk as he sabotages his mother's matchmaking shenanigans
2. When Harold hoists back a cold one (pop, that is) in the drive-through carwash
3. Harold leaning his head out the window on the drive after the hospital

I can't wait.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft