Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Boob Tube Throwdown and More

Care Packages: Fun to Give and Fun to Get

I have been fortunate enough to be the recipient of lovely care packages galore lately. My brother Joe got me some cool loot from NYC, including a poster and a cute knick-knack. My friends Brooke and Katie sent fun goodies including a Clash cd, a homemade bookmark and more. And finally my mom sent neat stuff from a recent trip to Minneapolis and my favorite place on Earth, Sephora: Cargo and Stila lip glosses in perfect shades, along with an Ann Taintor journal (cheeky fun!). Thanks everyone so much. You know what I like.

Gervais Office vs. Carell Office

The Office is one of my favorites shows ever. It captures, with humor and more than a touch of sadness, the way work can sometimes make a person feel schlumpy and the world seem gray and dismal —like a DMV that never closes up shop. Ricky Gervais is perfect as the tactless prick boss. And the characters of Tim and Dawn make the show for me- two hapless people who wanted more and deserve better, but at least find solace in their inside jokes and mutual unrequited crushes. The new take on The Office wants so much to be as good as the original. Steve Carell plays the Gervais role and Tim and Dawn are now Pam and Jim. I really like Pam and Jim in this new version (especially when Jim mentioned his love of bad tv). So far I prefer the original, but I'll still keep on watching. The Roseart x500 Gel Pen is the best pen ever-slick and stylish. The Roseart x500 Ballpoint pen looks a lot like the x500 Gel and it does write, but I'm always gonna prefer the Gel. Commit me.

Dog vs. Bonds

I like both Dog the Bounty Hunter and Family Bonds, two reality shows about bounty hunter families. Both feature gruff but likeable patriarchs, peroxide blonde wives who sport impractically long acrylics and still wear the same cut-offs from their twenties (which was twenty years ago), plus their all too eager to follow in the footsteps kinfolk. Both families are a long shot from the Cleavers, but still obviously love each other a lot. And they are nice to their perps too. Hightlights of Dog include lots of ink, mullets and Dog's own signature look- a perfect amalgamation of Mad Max and Patrick Swayze's character from Point Break. On Family Bonds I like the acid washed jeans, Jersey accents and liberal use of the phrase "breakin' my balls." Plus the theme song is ACDC's "TNT." How cool is that? That Bonds is set in New York/New Jersey and the fact that they don't bleep out the swearing rank it slightly above Dog in my book.

Office Product of the Week:

Pressurized Air Duster

4 comments

Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

I think that I would like the american Office if I had never seen the original. Unfortunately, as it stands, the american version gives me a bad case of the squirms.

Friday, April 08, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

Maybe the fact that Gervais has a hand in this new one (as producer, I think) will leave some room for improvement. Although I think he has a new series of his own.

Nice picture.

Saturday, April 09, 2005  
Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

From what I've read Gervais doesn't have much of a hand in it--his name on it is largely ceremonial?

While a picture of yourself at age 6 may be somewhat, um, passé, I think the shrug-n'-grimace summarize the two decades plus that have followed.


:emo:

Sunday, April 10, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

I think the shrug'n'grimace stance was and is a pretty wise one to take. It screams precocious.

Sunday, April 10, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft