Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Thanksgiving Recaplet

A few fun-filled days were had over the Thanksgiving break. Only one day of retail hell.

Movie Watch with Stacie: Naturally I watched movies galore over the holiday.

=Pride and Prejudice: Loved it! I got weepy. I think I'll see it again. They played the theme to Shaft just before it began, which was so funny. Shut your mouth, Mr. Wickham.

=Walk the Line: Winner of the most sexy putting on of a jacket ever.......Joaquin Phoenix.

=Home for the Holidays: I watch this every year. One of the most honest holiday movies out there. I think that new SJP vehicle, The Family Stone, looks like its Christmas counterpart.

=Happy Endings: Very funny movie with a soundtrack that is heavy on the Calexico and also features Maggie Gyllenhaal covering Billy Joel, real sultry-like. And it works.

=Melinda and Melinda: Again funny. Great casting, including Chiwetel Ejiofor. The first Woody Allen movie I've semi-liked in a while. Best line: When asked what he does for exercise, Will Ferrell's character says: "Tiddly winks. And an occasional anxiety attack."

=Manhattan: What a classic. I am glad I rewatched this after M&M. Best characterization: "Winner of the Zelda Fitzgerald emotional maturity award." I've known a few of these types.

Reading: Ariel Levy's Female Chauvinist Pigs. I keep asking myself: What would Ariel Levy have to say about this? I need a W.W.A.L.H.T.S.A.T. bracelet.

TV Blurb: Just saw the Biggest Loser finale. I am happy for them. They put in a lot of work. Losing weight is a bitch. My mom will be happy that guy who cries all the time took first place.

Joe's Favorite Classic Noir

5 comments

Anonymous Anonymous  said...

Winner of the most sexy singing of a shitty song ever . . . Reese Witherspoon.

As long as you're on an Allen kick, watch Crimes and Misdemeanors. That's his best film.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

My favorite Woody Allen is Hannah and Her Sisters. It's the Caine factor.

Reese Witherspoon looks so pretty as a brunette.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

And the Sam Waterston factor. Can't forget that.

My word verification password for this comment is:

"spfaux"

Is someone trying to tell me something? Yikes.

Friday, December 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous  said...

Hey, I just saw Pride and Prejudice . . . and liked it a lot. Does that mean I'm gay?

Oh yeah, and Syriana was pretty good. It's kind of like a more convoluted Traffic, but with oil. Nowheres near as fantastic as Good Night and Good Luck.

Saturday, December 10, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

Let's just determine that after your viewing of Brokeback Mountain.

Sunday, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft