Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

and then one day you find yourself shouting dabney coleman and vision quest at the tv set

Had fun the other night catching up with my best pal growing up, Helen. And I got to see her sister Sonia and their husbands Kyle and Jason. And her son Zander too. Cutie! Quite fun. It's been too long. We played poker. Texas hold-em? I know nothing about poker. At all. Not remotely. Yikes! I just wished I had had a little camera in the table to show my cards to. Next time I'm going to be ready for them.

A game that's a little more my style (ahem) is vh1's World Series of Pop Culture. I like the names of many of the teams (I Heart Jake Ryan, We're What Willis Was Talkin' About, Peanut Butter and Ginelli, among others.) Host Pat Kiernan is likeable and funny in an understated way. Most of the questions seem to be pretty easy. They have some intermediates. And then, every once in a while, they pose a few questions that are at the difficulty level of someone who only leaves the basement to replenish their Mountain Dew supply and/or attend a guild meeting. Someone on tonight's episode was not able to identify which 80s movie this quote is from: "It's social. Demented and sad, but social." I was stunned.

4 comments

Blogger Jess  said...

I thought I knew a LOT of useless pop culture but in watching this show I would be SHAMED!!! Good grief. Although it is interesting how they know some of the most obscure stuff but can't remember that a good looking guy in Clueless was called a "Baldwin." Huh??

Weird the things we remember!!

Sunday, July 30, 2006  
Blogger stacie  said...

It is weird. The Clueless miss thing was strange. One of the funniest moments was the guy who had to answer one question with "Too Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar." He looked
pained.

Gotcha! I was happy and then immediately (maybe simultaneously) mortified that I knew Gotcha! It would be fun to try to go out for the show with a good team. I'd be ok on things like Seinfeld and 80s movies- stuff I like. Were I to get the Simpsons (I've never watched it) or current pop music I'd be in big trouble. Oh and that little issue of being too shy to talk to or in front of people might be a hurdle towards trying out too.

I'm hoping the Boeghy Bunch win.

Monday, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Jess  said...

Yeah I was shocked frankly with the Clueless miss. I would be great with current Pop music (sadly), not that I listen to it at all (which is true) but because I have two younger sisters who do... Simpsons--I'm there, same with King of the Hill. I'm with you on the talking in front of people issue--could be a problem.

I like the Boeghy Bunch too although it really is just the one guy who pulls them through...

I'm still shocked and slightly perplexed at some of the useless crap I know. : )

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  
Blogger stacie  said...

Yeah, that one Boeghy Bunch guy basically is the team. He's cool! It's cute how he proposed to his girlfriend at the Empire State Building too. Almost Perfect Strangers are a cute team too.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft