Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Son of a.......

A few entries ago I made mention of some expressions that bother me to no end (crunch time/it's all good/no worries, etc). Here's some more, both good and bad. I can't get enough of this kind of thing. Contribute your own if you'd like.

Like:
=what you're selling, I'm not buying
=them's the brakes
=as per usual
=a blast and a half (courtesy of Brooke's mom)
=a hoot
=a hoot and a half (courtesy of David Sedaris)
=trainwreck
=manlet (Example: Beck is so petite for a man. That crazy manlet!)
=frathole
=sheesh
=jeez/jeez louise
=yikes
=cat's pajamas
=nosy parker
=neat/neato

Use too often:
=It boggles my mind
=The bottom line is......
=Here's the deal....

Loathe:
=something being described as "all get out." (Example: J.Lo's espadrilles are as chic as all get out.)

Somewhat ambivalent about:
=Referring to legs as "getaway sticks"

Euphemism for getting drunk to popularize:
=getting your swill on (Example: Joe really got his swill on at the Mifflin Street block party this weekend.)

Another entry from cuteneatcuteneat.com/neat-cute

4 comments

Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

I started out using sheesh/jeesh ironically, but now I mean it.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005  
Blogger Compagnucci  said...

I almost dispise it when people use the phrase "slippery slope," or "what it really comes down to is..."

Tuesday, May 03, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

I almost never say sheesh/jeesh in conversation. Yet I constantly use both in writing. Something to try out. I'll "give it a whirl."

"Slippery slope" is so annoying, I agree. My version of "what it really comes down to" is "Here's the deal...."

Hell's yeah!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005  
Blogger Justin Cooley  said...

Instead of "slippery slope" may I suggest "Parade of Horribles".

Friday, May 06, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft