Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

Still Kicking

I'm finally getting over that cold from hell thingie that's been plaguing me. It got really bad during the holiday weekend and, lucky me, I got to go to one of those urgent care centers. This "medical facility" was ramshackle at best- a detriment to my mental health for certain. I wanted to hose the place down with bleach. (OCD is a beautiful thing.) I had a weird eye infection that was oh so pretty. The doctor actually told me that my look- crazy prison-break eyes coupled with one of those attractive tie-in-back hospital gowns- would make a good Halloween costume. Yikes. When I was at the pharmacy, waiting for my prescription, I think I even saw a man turn in the other direction after seeing me. Double yikes.

After the sickness, a series of weird run-ins (ghosts of high school past) and work drama (we're talking jazz-hands DRAMA!) I decided to fashion myself an Amy Sedaris-style "fuck-it bucket." I saw Miss Sedaris on Conan a few years ago and she talked about making these buckets, for those times when you feel like saying the hell with it all. I went to Target and I was bad, so bad. I bought three cds and a movie and some key-lime white chocolate cookies. Had the new Sleater-Kinney been there I would have purchased that too. I was not completely over the top. I did pass up on some cute jammies.

Orchid (now known as Corky)- Still kicking.

1 comments

Blogger Bill Eseltine  said...

you need to take those kinda moments and RUN WITH THEM.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft