Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

the fair (I love the smell of beer and b.o. and white shoulders in the mid-day sun)

Amie and I went to the fair the other day. Super fun. We established our agenda early on. Mine looked a little something like this:
=CrazyMouse
=Catherine Popesco earrings
=Cinnamon Roll

Highlights:
=Seeing Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers. Very cool.

=The cutest couple was sitting in front of us at the concert. She looked sweet and he had that nice guy look - they'd make a darling ReadyMade cover. I'm certain they had arrived by either Vespa or Jetta or through some sort of Adrian Tomine portal (the same kind they use in the A-Ha "Take On Me" video). Anyway, Amie leaned in and told the gal that we were nominating them as the cutest couple at the fair. She laughed and told her sweetie. This all occurred when everyone was screaming for Petty's encore. The couple waved their arms and jumped around as though the crowd was cheering for them and their new "title." What good sports.

=CrazyMouse. So fun. I want to go to an amusement park soon.

Low Points:
=A run-in with a passive aggressive carnie

=One of the fair rides I was keen on as a kid was the Himalaya, with its blaring heavy metal. Well, now they play hip-hop.

=Amie lost her favorite hat, the green ballcap with the star

Shopgirl looks pretty decent, even with the Jason Schwartzman element. Based on my read of the book, I might have made different casting choices. Still up for it though.

Geeky and Loving It:
I just purchased the Serenity comics!

2 comments

Anonymous Anonymous  said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 08, 2005  
Blogger stacie  said...

The carnie operating the Himalaya acted like he had something to prove. He kept saying angry, weird things over the intercom and cranking the speed up in a sadistic fashion. I wanted to get all Susie Essman-like on him, but I couldn't. I thought I was going to puke.

Oh and Amie found her hat!

Monday, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft