Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

You Can Do It!

Every day at work I stare at a poster with the following statement:

Vision: The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible.

I think it has a lighthouse on it. Anyway, I am not one for motivational crap. My fondest memory of motivational business is probably the saying my friend Lissa used to chant during "swim practice" in high school. We had to do time in the weight room with a bunch of grunting, animal-like men. Icky. Well, there was this one machine where you put your hands up like you were being held up and pulled them together, thus squeezing the chest inward. Lissa loved this machine and saying: "I must, I must, I must increase my bust." It was so odd and silly. Check out the following site. It sort of sticks it to sincere posters like the one I look at every day. (while making copies) A lot of them aren't that funny, but there are some gems. My favorite is the one for quality.

Quality: The race for quality has no finish line- so technically it's more like a death march.

you can do it!

Thanks for the Hanukkah present Joe.

1 comments

Blogger Evan Jones  said...

Many of the posters that aren't exactly funny have a way of being deeply, almost unexpectedly true.

CONFORMITY: When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Any quick shopping trip confirms this one.

CLUELESS: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

This reminds me of a question I was going to ask you...

DEMOTIVATION: Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

A wonderful restatement of the famous memo, "The firings will continue until morale improves."

And, PRETENTION: The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Not sure why I like this one so much.

Anyway, I had fun with all of them. Thanks for the great reference.

Saturday, December 31, 2005  

Post a Comment  |  Back to elaborate lies.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft