Title1Title2Title3
 
Cardtop

oscars 2005: all this and jon stewart?

So exciting. I made myself wait until 11:03 a.m. (my morning break) to read the complete list of nominations:

oscar nominations

Not too many shockers. I was thrilled that Catherine Keener was nominated for best supporting actress as well as Amy Adams. Jake Gyllenhaal deserved his nomination, I reckon.

Noah Baumbach (S&W), Woody Allen (Match Point) and Dan Futterman (Capote) are all up for best screenplay (original, original and adapted) Okay. Absolutely.

I hope Phillip Seymour Hoffman wins best actor.

The best supporting actress category is unbelievable. I'd be happy to see any of them win. Keener, McDormand and Weisz are three favorites. And Amy Adams and Michelle Williams were phenomenal.

There were some disappointments. If it were up to me I'd replace Judi Dench with Laura Linney. The Squid and the Whale and Match Point could and should have garnered a few more nominations. A little bit shafted.

Best song: Dolly Parton is nominated for "Travelin' Thru" and so is a song called "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" from Hustle and Flow. (I guess I need to get over my Taryn Manning issues and see it.) This should be good. Can't wait.

I'm guessing now that Susan Sarandon introduces Brokeback Mountain.

I look forward to the dresses and the funny speeches and even the awkward moments when I need to leave the room. (And I always have to leave the room at least once during the Oscars.) All this and add Jon Stewart to the list of perks. Yippie.

Cardbottom
Branchbot
Branchleft